Apply for autism funding

Get a diagnostic assessment

Apply for funding once your child has had an assessment and diagnosis.

Foster parents and other caregivers should talk to a guardianship worker or social worker about a child in their care.

Meet with a Children & Youth with Support 
Needs Worker

Contact a local children and youth with support needs (CYSN) office to meet with a CYSN worker. The CYSN worker will review your documents to make sure they're complete and discuss your eligibility for funding and family support services.

Bring the following documents when you meet your local CYSN worker:

  • Autism Funding Application for Autism Funding
  • Documentation of Autism Diagnosis
  • Proof that the child is under age 18 (birth certificate)
  • Current BC Services Card/Driver's Licence (as proof of residency)

After reviewing your documents, the CYSN worker will help you submit your application for autism funding. 

Speed things up by sending copies of your required documents to the CYSN office before your meeting.

Sign the funding agreement

After meeting with the CYSN worker and submitting an application for autism funding, parents or guardians will receive two copies of an Autism Funding Agreement in the mail. Both copies must be signed and returned to the Autism Funding Program within two weeks.

Hire service providers or purchase other types of support

Parents or guardians will then receive a letter that outlines how much funding they're qualified for and the funding period dates. They can start using their funding for: