Funding to Take Training Related to Autism
Approved training expenses could include:
- Autism-specific courses, workshops, conferences or educational items like books, DVDs and videos
- Both you and your service provider (e.g. behaviour interventionist) to attend training
- Travel expenses to take training – be sure to calculate mileage using your address on file at Autism Funding
Sign-up for training
Step 1: Find autism-specific training or educational item that you would like to purchase.
Step 2: See if the training/item is approved for funding. Contact the Autism Funding team: MCF.AutismFundingUnit@gov.bc.ca | 1 877 777-3530.
Step 3: Once approved, you can choose to:
- Pay up front and then submit the Reimbursement of Autism Expenses form (PDF) along with a receipt – include the name and date(s) of the training
- Have the training provider invoice Autism Funding
Find out where training is offered
Check online, with your school district or community organizations for training you could attend. The following organizations also offer information about workshops, conferences and training:
- ACT – Autism Community Training
- Pacific Autism Family Network (PAFN)
- Canucks Autism Network
- Autism BC
Talk to an Autism Information Specialist to find out about training options: AutismInformation@gov.bc.ca | 1 844 878-4700.
If you have a concern about the service provided by the Autism Funding team, or about an autism funding decision, contact the Autism Funding team at 1 877 777-3530. If your complaint is not resolved, request to speak with an Autism Funding supervisor.