Purchase Card Manual: Spend Dynamics
Ministry card coordinators will use the Spend Dynamics system to perform numerous administrative activities including:
- requesting new cards;
- changing the status of cards;
- requesting the cancellation of cards;
- updating cardholder information;
- resetting cardholder account passwords;
- changing the hierarchy "reports to" structure for cards;
- reviewing cardholder statements and transactions; and
- generating various purchase card reports.
Cardholders have access to the Spend Dynamics system and can:
- review individual transactions within 24 hours of the transactions being processed by the Bank of Montreal; and
- review and print monthly statements within 24 hours following the monthly billing cycle date (which is the third of the month)
Spend Dynamics is accessible online at https://www.bmospenddynamics.com/secure/welcome.asp. You will be asked for your username and password (which will have been emailed to you from Spend Dynamics when your card was set up). The first time you enter Spend Dynamics, you will be asked to replace the password originally provided with a new confidential password that you supply. Functions that are available to you will be found on your home page.
If you require assistance in using Spend Dynamics, contact your ministry card coordinator.
Maintain the security of cards and reduce the opportunity for fraud by using the cardholder employee ID and last 4 digits of the card number. Secure downloaded data on encrypted USB sticks or saved on a secure Local Area Network (LAN) drive.
Although email between government employees is generally considered secure because it is behind a firewall, complete card numbers and expiry dates are not to be included in emails, attachments or on reports.
Policies regarding the management of electronic information are contained in CPPM chapter 12, Information Management and Information Technology Management.