Royal Tour 2016
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge and his wife, Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, accompanied by their children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, visited Canada’s West Coast for the first time together.
The Official Welcome at the B.C. Legislature.
Front row from left: Lieutenant-Governor Judith Guichon, Governor General David Johnston, Mrs. Karen Johnston, Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William, The Duke of Cambridge, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Mrs. Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, Premier Christy Clark.
September 24, 2016 to October 1, 2016 - The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were officially welcomed to B.C. at the provincial Parliament Buildings. During their tour, the Royal Couple visited a number of communities including Haida Gwaii, Kelowna, Bella Bella, Vancouver, and Victoria. The tour also included a trip to Whitehorse and Carcross in Yukon.
Highlights of the 2016 Royal Tour:
- The Duchess greeting members of the public in Vancouver
- Dedicating the Great Bear Rainforest in Bella Bella
- Ceremony in Bella Bella
- Ecole Cobble Hill Elementary School Children’s Choir
- Cuisine at Mission Hill Winery in Kelowna
- Children’s Party at Residence of Lieutenant Governor
- Arrival of Haida War Canoe at Haida Gwaii
- The Duke and Duchess with Lieutenant-Governor Judith Guichon and her husband, Bruno Mailloux
- Prince William talking to people at the Cridge Centre, Victoria
- Aboard the Sail and Life Training Society tall ship Pacific Grace
- Tall Ship Pacific Grace
- Prince George waving to crowds