Building a Better B.C. for People with Disabilities
The Province is committed to building a better B.C. for people with disabilities. We work with the disability and business communities, to help:
- Create opportunities for meaningful employment
- Support greater independence
- Provide full community participation for people with disabilities in B.C.
Building a Truly Inclusive B.C.
Government has a vision to make B.C. a truly inclusive province. This vision is designed around 12 building blocks. They reflect what was heard from British Columbians during the province-wide disability consultation.
Being truly inclusive means:
- Providing people of all abilities the opportunity to fully participate in their community
- Challenging our attitudes and beliefs about disabilities
- Recognizing the value and contributions that people with disabilities make to our
About 25 per cent of British Columbians over 15 years old self-identify as having a disability. Our goal is to prevent and remove barriers so everyone can take part and feel included. This way, B.C. will be a better place to live, work and visit for everyone.