Wildlife Danger Tree Assessor's Courses
- Please contact UNBC Continuing Studies if you need to update your contact information.
The Wildlife Tree Committee is responsible for coordinating and developing Wildlife/Danger Tree Assessor’s courses for the province. The courses are delivered through the University of Northern B.C. (UNBC). Each is a two-day course that includes a mix of classroom and field exercises, and qualifying exams.
Please review the The Wildlife / Dangerous Tree Assessor Course Administrative Standards for a description of the standards and procedures for certification as a Wildlife / Dangerous Tree Assessor.
- Read more about the courses:
Course materials are developed as a partnership between the B.C. government and the University of Northern B.C.
Wildland Fire Safety
- Wildlife / Dangerous Tree Assessor's Course Workbook: Wildland Fire Safety Module (4 MB PDF) *New March 2020 Version*
- Safety Bulletin: Switching to Orange Danger Tree Ribbon (373 KB, PDF)
- Errata Note (PDF)
- Field Cards (PDF)
Parks & Recreation
- Parks and Recreation Sites Course Workbook (PDF, 2.8 MB)
Forest Harvesting & Silviculture
- Forest Harvesting and Silviculture Course Workbook (PDF, 3.9 MB)
- Wildlife/Danger Trees Awareness: A Safety Guide for Logging Operations (PDF, 6.8 MB)
- Dangerous Tree Management in Preparation for Silviculture Activities (PDF)
- Memo to Wildlife/Danger Tree Assessors: Assessing Worksite Perimeters (PDF, 1.1 MB)