Wildlife Danger Tree Assessor's Courses
The Wildlife Tree Committee is responsible for coordinating and developing Wildlife/Danger Tree Assessor’s courses for the province. The courses are delivered through the University of Northern B.C. (UNBC). Each is a two-day course that includes a mix of classroom and field exercises, and qualifying exams.
- The Course Administrative Standards are currently being revised for 2019 and will be posted here when revisions are complete.
Each course module complements the others. Once you have completed one full module, you can add another by completing a 1-day upgrade with a qualifying written exam.
- Read more about the courses:
Course materials are developed as a partnership between the B.C. government and the University of Northern B.C.
Wildland Fire Safety
Parks & Recreation
- Parks and Recreation Sites Course Workbook (PDF, 2.8 MB)
Forest Harvesting & Silviculture
- Forest Harvesting and Silviculture Course Workbook (PDF, 3.9 MB)
- Wildlife/Danger Trees Awareness: A Safety Guide for Logging Operations (PDF, 6.8 MB)
- Dangerous Tree Management in Preparation for Silviculture Activities (PDF)
- Memo to Wildlife/Danger Tree Assessors: Assessing Worksite Perimeters (PDF, 1.1 MB)