Approved Water Quality Guidelines
Approved water quality guidelines are policy statements and applied generically province wide, providing the basis for water quality assessments and to inform resource management decisions.
Water quality guidelines are used to:
- protect aquatic life, wildlife and their habitats;
- protect water values, including: drinking water, public supply, and food processing; agriculture (livestock watering and irrigation); and recreation;
- provide the basis for the evaluation of ambient water quality and environmental impact assessments to inform resource management decisions (e.g., wastewater discharge limits);
- provide the basis for water quality objectives; and
- report to the public on the state of water quality and promote water stewardship.
View the water quality guidelines fact sheet for more information.
- View the Summary of Water Quality Guidelines: Aquatic Life, Wildlife & Agriculture (PDF)
- View the Summary of Water Quality Guidelines: Drinking Water Sources (PDF)
- View the Summary of Water Quality Guidelines: Recreation (PDF)