Respectful workplace resources

Last updated: December 15, 2021

We're here to support you

The BC Public Service Agency provides you with a range of information, tools, and services to help you build and maintain a respectful workplace.  

On this page

Conflict Management Office

The Conflict Management Office (CMO) can help you resolve interpersonal and team related workplace conflict. It offers a range of services including conflict coaching, meditation, facilitation and a workplace improvement process.

For more information, contact the CMO’s intake coordinator by submitting an AskMyHR (IDIR restricted) service request.

Short-term counselling

Short-term counselling is a free service available to all public service employees. It's provided through the Employee and Family Assistance Services (EFAS) provider, Lifeworks. Counselling services can assist you in dealing with difficult work situations or conflicts.

To access this service, call LifeWorks 24 hours per day, 7 days a week at 1-800-655-5004.

You are also encouraged to review other health and well-being programs and resources available to public service employees.


The LearningHUB (IDIR restricted) offers a variety of courses that can help build and maintain respectful and inclusive workplaces. 

People Leader Advice Line

The People Leader Advice Line is available to supervisors and can provide guidance on addressing a difficult workplace situation or conversation.

The advice line allows supervisors to speak confidentiality with an experienced clinical professional.

Coaching services

Coaching services can support supervisors to increase their leadership and coaching competence.

Through receiving coaching and coaching others, supervisors can improve their ability to build trusted relationships, increase team performance and better navigate difficult workplace situations as they arise.

For more information, contact Coaching Services by submitting an AskMyHR (IDIR restricted) service request .

Guidelines, checklists and more

Get assistance


Involved in a respectful workplace issue?

Review Address discrimination, bullying and harassment.

Contact us


Can’t find what you need? Submit an AskMyHR (IDIR restricted) service request.

If you're a B.C. government employee without an IDIR, call the BC Public Service Agency to submit your service request.