Cancelling payroll deductions while on leave for B.C. government employees

Last updated on April 3, 2024

Before going on leave, you may wish to cancel or adjust the following payroll deductions.

On this page

Bus pass

Review the information on the Careers & MyHR BC Transit ProPASS webpage to cancel or suspend your pass.

Canada Payroll Savings Program

The Government of Canada announced it will discontinue the sale of Canada Savings Bonds (CSBs) purchased through the Payroll Savings Program as of November 2017. 

If you're currently enrolled in the program:

  • Your CSB contributions will be deducted from your pay and go towards your CSB Payroll Savings Plan until October 31, 2017
  • The funds in your Payroll Savings Plan are safe, guaranteed, and will be honoured. Bond series in your plan will continue to earn interest until redemption or maturity, whichever comes first
  • You'll continue to have access to your funds 24/7 through CSB online services. You can make a redemption before the maturity date online or by using the automated telephone service
  • As each bond series in your plan matures, the funds (principal and interest) associated with that series will be paid out to you. You'll receive a cheque or direct deposit according to your account information
  • CSB will close your plan after you have been redeemed or paid out for all the bond series in your plan

For more information, please visit the Canada Savings Bonds Program website.

To cancel or adjust your participation, call us at 1-877-277-0772 or submit an AskMyHR (IDIR restricted) service request using the categories Myself > Pay > Pay Deductions.

Charitable donations

To cancel or adjust your Community Fund (PECSF) contribution, submit an AskMyHR (IDIR restricted) service request using the categories Myself > Pay > PECSF.

Contact your internal payroll office if you're an employee of the following:

  • BC Securities
  • Legislative Assembly
  • Liquor Distribution Branch

Government parking

For parking lots E, F or Q in downtown Victoria, contact the Government Parking Office via email or fax: 250-952-8288.

For all other locations, contact your Facilities Coordinator to cancel the parking pass through Shared Services.

Contact information

Can't find what you need?

Submit an AskMyHR (IDIR restricted) service request.

If you're a B.C. government employee without an IDIR, contact the BC Public Service Agency to submit your service request.