Documents for Vehicles Registered in B.C.
Provide the following documents for each vehicle registered in B.C. that you intend to use for your passenger transportation service.
To maintain care and control of your passenger transportation licence, you must advise the Registrar of updates to this material.
Current Vehicle Registration
Provide a photocopy of the owner's certificate of insurance and licence / vehicle registration that:
- Shows the vehicle to be licensed/registered in the correct ICBC insurance category
- Shows the vehicle to be classified as "commercial type"
- Displays the seating capacity of the vehicle
Commercial Vehicle Inspection Report
Provide a photocopy of the Commercial Vehicle Inspection Report (CVSE0014) that verifies the vehicle has been inspected and passed by an approved vehicle inspection facility. Inspections must be performed on a semi-annual basis unless your operation is part of a preventative maintenance program.
Passenger directed vehicles have either annual or semi-annual inspections depending on kilometres driven
- vehicles driven over 40,000 km require semi-annual inspections
- vehicles driven less than 40,000 km require annual inspections
Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle Inspection Report
If the vehicle is wheelchair accessible, you must include one of the following:
- A photocopy of the Vehicle Inspection Report (MV3110), or
- A photograph of the secondary manufacturer label displaying the Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (CMVSS) or the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) approval