This section will provide you with links to research on various aspects of the tourism industry. Use it to inform your business plans, tourism development projects and marketing activities.
Destination BC Tourism Research and Statistics
Destination BC is industry's source for tourism data and statistics. Explore Destination BC's latest statistical reports on:
Tourism Industry Performance
- Industry Performance includes current and historical tourism indicators for Canada, B.C., the six tourism regions of B.C., and some municipal information.
- The Tourism Indicators publication comprises key tourism statistics including customs entries data, provincial room revenue, commercial restaurant receipts, provincial and regional occupancy and average daily room rates, visitor centres, regional airports, ferries, and conference centres. The Tourism Indicators data tables are published monthly.
- The International Visitor Arrivals publication summarizes customs entries data to B.C. and Canada from selected markets of origin. The International Visitor Arrivals includes information for both the particular month and the year to-date.
Tourism Research by Region
- Research by Region includes various research publications and reports that can be attributed to one of B.C.'s six regions:
Tourism Research by Market
- Research by Market includes various research publications and reports relevant to B.C.’s major global markets:
Tourism Research by Activity
- Research by Activity includes various research reports and publications relevant to various visitor activities in B.C.: