Horse Racing Rules & Policies
Horse racing rules and policies help ensure that the B.C. horse racing industry operates fairly and with integrity. People and companies involved in horse racing in the province are required to follow the rules and policies otherwise they may face penalties.
Learn about the rules of thoroughbred and standardbred horse racing as well as related regulations in the B.C. Gaming Control Regulation document.
- Rules of Thoroughbred and Standardbred Horse Racing in British Columbia (PDF, 1MB)
- Gaming Control Regulation
Read about specific policies related to various aspects of horse racing in British Columbia.
- Establishing, Relocating or Substantially Changing a Teletheatre (PDF)
- Reporting the Death of a Horse (PDF)
- Cornell Collar Usage: July 2, 2012 (PDF)
- Breathalyser Testing of Licensees: November 2, 2017 (PDF)
- Licensee Drug Testing: November 2, 2017 (PDF)
- Erythropoietin or Darbepoetin Testing: May 12, 2008 (PDF)
- Shock Wave Therapy: April 26, 2006 (PDF)
Horse racing industry participants including companies, owners, jockeys, drivers, and others may face penalties if they violate B.C. horse racing rules or policies.