What should I expect when I go to a Justice Access Centre?

Depending on your needs, Justice Access Centres can help you with family law issues related to separation and divorce, and some other civil law issues. Staff can direct you to services, including:

  • Self-help and information services
  • Dispute resolution options
  • Legal advice services, and
  • Referrals to community services

When you contact the Justice Access Centre it is helpful if you have:

  • Addresses and phone numbers of any other people involved
  • Dates of any scheduled court appearances
  • Details of any previous related appointments, and
  • Copies of all relevant documents, such as court papers, contracts, letters or receipts

People often face several problems at once. When you are going through a separation, you may also have concerns about housing, income, and employment. Justice Access Centre staff can provide you with information about services that may be appropriate for your situation.

More information

For more information, see the page of the centre you’re going to: Abbotsford, Nanaimo, Surrey, Vancouver or Victoria.