I need an interpreter for my court hearing. What should I do?

If you have to go to either the Provincial Court or Supreme Court as part of your separation or divorce, you need help with the English language or you communicate only in sign language, the court will provide you with an interpreter.

The interpreter will be with you throughout any court hearings to interpret for you.

Ask the interpreter clerk at your local court registry to arrange for an interpreter at the same time as you file your application for a court order.

Let court staff know as soon as possible that you need an interpreter. If court staff cannot arrange an interpreter in time, the judge may have to re-schedule your case.