Annual Rent & Fees - Forestry

Holders of the following forms of agreement are required to pay annual rent to the B.C. government:

  • Community forest agreement
  • Cutting permit issued under a supplemental forest licence
  • First Nations woodland licence
  • Forest licence
  • Timber licence
  • Tree farm licence
  • Woodlot licence

Special use permit fees are calculated separately.

Annual rent and fees for tenures and permits asserts the B.C. government's interest in its property and resources. Annual rent also serves as a deterrent to the acquisition and holding of rights over land and resources in excess of the tenure or permit holder's needs.

Annual rent and special use permit fees are billed on an annual basis on or before the licence or permit's anniversary date.