Vancouver Island and Coast local industry contacts
Business, marketing and non-profit organizations supporting the Vancouver Island and Coast agricultural industry:
Regional marketing resources
Events and tourism
Vancouver Island and Coast farmers’ events:
- Find a farmers market
- Find an agricultural fair
- Find a farm tour
- British Columbia agritourism alliance regional directory
- Find a local MarketSafe food safety certification course
Regional agricultural marketing initiatives
Independent producer marketing campaigns and initiatives for Vancouver Island and Coast. For questions, contact the individual organizations.
- Island Farm Fresh Direct farm marketing program for Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands.
- Powell River Food Security Project Events and publications to support local food producers.
- Comox Valley growers guide List of local agricultural producers and farm events from Discover Comox Valley.
- Cowichan Region food and farm map Directory of farms and local producers from Cowichan Green Community.
- Saanich Peninsula Flavour Trails Directory of markets and producers in the Saanich area.
- Get Fresh Guide Directory of producers on the southern Island and Gulf Islands.
- We Heart Local: Vancouver Island Recipes and producer lists from the We Heart Local producer partnership.
Producer organizations and agricultural institutes
Farmers alliances and institutes
Local agricultural support organizations:
- Alberni Farmers Institute
- Arrowsmith Association/Coombs Fair
- Cobble Hill Farmers Institute
- Comox Valley Farmers Institute
- Cowichan Agricultural Society
- Cowichan Green Community
- Hornby/Denman Growers & Producers Alliance
- Island Chefs’ Collaborative
- Island Farmer2Farmer Food Producers Network
- Island Farmers’ Alliance
- Metchosin Farmers Institute
- Nanaimo–Cedar Farmers Institute
- Pender Island Farmers Institute
- Powell River Farmers Institute
- Salt Spring Island Agricultural Alliance
- Salt Spring Island Farmers Institute
- Sooke Region Farmer Society (Food CHI)
Sector-specific producer organizations
Local producer organizations:
- Canadian Organic Growers: Islands Natural Chapter
- Comox Valley Organic Collective
- Inter-Island Sheep Breeders Association
- Island Milk Producers Association
- Island Organic Producers Association
- Vancouver Island Goat Association
- Vancouver Island Vintners Association
- Wine Islands Growers Association
- See all provincial producer organizations
Agricultural advisory committees
Agricultural Advisory Committees are groups of appointed local agricultural producers who help advise governments on policy, programs and regional issues.
Regional business development organizations
- Organizations offering support services to Vancouver Island and Coast businesses. For questions, contact the individual organizations.
- Vancouver Island Economic Alliance Agricultural statistics and planning information for the Vancouver Island agri-food industry.
- Nanaimo Economic Development Office Economic development and tourism information for the Nanaimo area.
- Economic Development Cowichan Value-added food processing study and other business and tourism information.
- City of Campbell River Economic Development Economic development and tourism information for the Campbell River area.
- Nuu-Cha-Nulth Economic Development Corporation Business development loans and resources for aboriginal people living on Vancouver Island.
- Southern Gulf Islands Economic Development Commission Business policy and agricultural strategy for South Pender, North Pender, Mayne, Galiano and Saturna islands.
- Comox Valley Economic Development Society
- Port Alberni Economic Development
- City of Powell River / Economic Development
Scott Randolph, Manager, 604-485-8653
6910 Duncan Street, Powell River BC V8A 1V4
Community futures rural business advisory offices:
- Central Island
- Cowichan Valley
- Mount Waddington
- Powell River
- Farm Credit Canada local offices Crown corporation providing agricultural financing services.
For more agricultural development plans and resources, see the regional Local Planning page.
Land and tenures
Information on buying, selling or leasing farm or ranchland in B.C. For questions, contact the individual organizations.
- B.C. Assessment regional offices Crown corporation providing independent property value assessment.
- Front Counter B.C. Start or manage an application for land tenures or other natural resources uses.
Educational resources and agricultural experience for youth in Vancouver Island and Coast. For questions, contact the individual organizations.
- B.C. 4-H Clubs: Vancouver Island Youth-focused community agricultural club network.
- Young Agrarians B.C. events and resources for youth interested in agriculture.