Okanagan local industry contacts
Business, marketing and non-profit organizations supporting the Okanagan agricultural industry.
Regional marketing resources
Events and tourism
Regional farmers’ events:
- Find a farmers market
- Find an agricultural fair
- Find a farm tour
- British Columbia agritourism alliance regional directory
- Find a local MarketSafe food safety certification course
Regional agricultural marketing initiatives
Independent producer marketing campaigns and initiatives for Okanagan. For questions, contact the individual organizations.
- Meet Your Maker: Okanagan Networking initiative for farmers and ranchers from Farm Folk City Folk.
- Buy Local, Buy Fresh: Okanagan Valley Directory of Okanagan food producers from the Okanagan Greens Society.
- Kelowna Farm to Table Okanagan Tourism directory of local farms and restaurants that produce and serve local food.
- We Heart Local: Thompson–Okanagan Directory of local agricultural products, season schedules, recipes and farm events.
Producer organizations and agricultural institutes
Farmers alliances and institutes
Local agricultural support organizations:
Sector-specific producer organizations
Local producer organizations:
- B.C. Breeder & Feeder Association - Okanagan Locals
- B.C. Fruit Growers’ Association
- B.C. Grapegrowers Association
- B.C. Tree Fruits Cooperative
- North Okanagan Organic Society
- Okanagan Kootenay Cherry Growers
- Okanagan Shuswap Sheep Producers’ Association
- Oliver Osoyoos Winery Association
- Organic Farming Institute of B.C.
- Similkameen Organic Producers Association
- See all provincial producer organizations
Agricultural advisory committees
Agricultural Advisory Committees are groups of appointed local agricultural producers who help advise governments on policy, programs and regional issues.
Regional business development organizations
Regional organizations offering support services to Okanagan businesses. For questions, contact the individual organizations.
- Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission Agriculture Support Program Projects and assistance from the Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission.
- Southern Interior Development Initiatives Trust Funding and development projects for the Thompson–Okanagan and Columbia–Kootenay regions.
Community futures rural business advisory offices:
- Central Okanagan
- North Okanagan
- Okanagan Similkameen
- Thompson Shuswap Food Connections Economic development projects for agri-food producers.
- Farm Credit Canada local offices Crown corporation providing agricultural financing services.
For more agricultural development plans and resources, see the regional Local Planning page.
Land and tenures
Information on buying, selling or leasing farm or ranchland in B.C. For questions, contact the individual organizations.
- B.C. Assessment regional offices Crown corporation providing independent property value assessment.
- Front Counter B.C. Start or manage an application for land tenures or other natural resources uses.
Educational resources and agricultural experience for youth in Okanagan. For questions, contact the individual organizations.
- B.C. 4-H Clubs: Kamloops–Okanagan Youth-focused community agricultural club network.
- Classroom toolkit: Okanagan / B.C. agriculture Information and statistics on B.C.’s agricultural regions from Agriculture in the Classroom.
- Young Agrarians B.C. events and resources for youth interested in agriculture.