Downloadable drug data files
Last updated: October 24, 2022
The downloadable drug data file includes:
- All information in PharmaCare’s Formulary Search (which lists all drugs PharmaCare currently covers), and
- Historical information, including details on discontinued drugs
For current Low Cost Alternative and Reference Drug Program data, see LCA and RDP data files.
Coverage information is updated every Tuesday morning (or on Wednesday, if Monday is a statutory holiday).
Because of its large size, the file is in ZIP file format for easier download. It must be opened in a 2007 or later version of Excel.
- PharmaCare Downloadable Data File (ZIP, 2.9MB)
- Interpretation Document (PDF, 149KB)
- List of benefit groups
Note: The data file is in the Unix text Comma Separated Value (CSV) format. Line breaks end in <LF> instead of <CR><LF> (ASCII 10 instead of ASCII 13, ASCII 10). The Unix text format will not affect line breaks in common PC software products such as Excel, Word and MS Access. In some older software products (such as Notepad), however, line breaks will not appear. There are several free downloadable applications on the web to convert one format to another.
- The information in this file is provided as a convenience only. It should not be relied on as authoritative or complete.
- The Ministry of Health cannot guarantee the information is current or accurate.
- The Ministry of Health makes no warranty or representation, expressly or implied, as to the accuracy of the data.
- Information in this file requires knowledgeable interpretation and is intended primarily for professional health care practitioners, pharmacies, hospitals, and organizations associated with the manufacture, distribution, and use of pharmaceutical preparations.
Questions about PharmaCare?
Contact us. Get help in over 140 languages.