Downloadable Drug Data Files
On this page...
- About the Downloadable Drug Data File
- When is the Data Updated?
- Access the Downloadable Data File
- Interpreting the Data File
About the Downloadable Drug Data File
PharmaCare provides comprehensive, up-to-date drug data in the Downloadable Drug Data File. The file includes:
- all the information in PharmaCare’s Formulary Search (which lists all drugs PharmaCare currently covers), and
- historical information, including details on discontinued drugs.
For current LCA/RDP data, see the Low Cost Alternative (LCA) and Reference Drug Program (RDP) Data Files
- The information in this file is provided as a convenience only and should not be relied on as authoritative or complete.
- The Ministry of Health updates the information on this website periodically, but cannot guarantee that the information is current or accurate.
- Information in this file requires knowledgeable interpretation and is intended primarily for professional health care practitioners, pharmacies, hospitals and organizations associated with the manufacture, distribution and use of pharmaceutical preparations.
- The Ministry of Health makes no warranty or representation, expressly or implied, as to the accuracy of the data.
When is the Data Updated?
Coverage information is updated weekly and is current to 7 days before publication. New updates are available Tuesday mornings, except Wednesdays following a statutory holiday Monday.
Access the Downloadable Data File
- The data file is in the Unix text Comma Separated Value (CSV) format. Line breaks end in <LF> instead of <CR><LF> (ascii 10 instead of ascii 13, ascii 10). The Unix text format will not affect line breaks in common PC software products such as Excel, Word and MS Access. In some older software products (such as Notepad), however, the lines breaks will not appear. There are several freely available utilities to convert one format to another.
- Because of its large size, the file is provided in Zip format for easier download.
- Because of its large size, this file must be opened using a 2007 or later version of Excel.
Interpreting the Data File
- Interpretation Document (PDF, 149KB)
- List of benefit groups—the benefit eligibility process uses a relationship, established by PharmaCare, between a product, its associated benefit group and the plan rules
Please send a detailed email to PharmaCare.