Medications for ADHD: Focus on drug information
Personalized education in 30-60 minutes either in-person or via web conferencing (e.g., Zoom or WebEx) at a time and location that is convenient for you. This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the British Columbia Chapter for up to 1.0 Mainpro+ credit.
During each academic detailing session, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Discuss how the efficacy of medications for ADHD is measured in clinical trials.
- Review clinical considerations which support treatment decisions, including: basic pharmacology, onset of effect, adverse events, dosing, cost, and drug interactions.
- Consider the clinical relevance of pharmacokinetic differences between available methylphenidate and amphetamine formulations.
After the academic detailing session, participants will be able to thoughtfully prescribe, monitor and manage the medications used for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).*
* This education session will focus on drug information for ADHD medications. The diagnosis of ADHD (including over-diagnosis, under-diagnosis) and the management of stimulant use disorder are beyond the scope of this session.
When: Until August 14, 2024
Where: In-person or virtual academic detailing
How: Contact your local PAD pharmacist directly or email email@example.com
- Handout - PAD Medications for ADHD (PDF, 242KB)
- Drug table - PAD Medications for ADHD (PDF, 257KB)
- References - PAD Medications for ADHD (PDF, 117KB)
For more information about the PAD service, visit the Provincial Academic Detailing page.