BC Teachers' Council Elections
Elections for the BC Teachers’ Council are held every three years.
Know your election zone
Eligibility for nomination
To be eligible for nomination, an educator must:
- Hold a valid B.C. teaching certificate
- Live in the zone they plan to run in
- Be a practising teacher who, in the past two years, completed one of the following duties:
- Design, supervise and assess educational programs
- Instruct, assess and evaluate individual students and groups of students
Electoral candidates must be nominated by ten certificate holders who also live in the same zone.