Find child care in B.C.
Find Child Care, check to see if your provider participates in the fee reduction initiative, access additional early years supports or use the Child Care Map to search licensed providers in your community.
Child Care Referral
If your child care provider does not have available space, contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral Centre.
Fee Reduction Initiative
The Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative lowers the cost of child care for families. Parents do not need to apply.
Inclusive Child Care
Services are available to children with extra support needs to allow them to participate in fully inclusive child care settings.
Child Care Map
Find licensed child care facilities in your community.
- Distance from your home address
- Program type (under 36 months to age 12)
- Hours of operation (weekday, weekend, overnight, early morning, late night)
- Services offered (meals, additional languages, special needs, Indigenous programming)
Why are some facilities not on the child care map?
If you did not find the child care facility you were looking for it may be because the facility:
- does not receive the Child Care Operating Funding through the Ministry of Education and Child Care. Check health authority inspection websites for more licensed child care facilities;
- is a $10 a Day ChildCareBC Centre;
- may not be required to be licensed (only 1 or 2 children receiving care - i.e. Registered Licence-Not-Required with the CCRR);
- may be operating as an exempted program: see Child Care Licensing Regulation Section 3 (i.e school age summer/day camp, Strong Start ), or
- may be operating in contravention of the Community Care and Assisted Living Act because they are operating without a licence, when one is required. These services are not regulated or monitored and may pose a risk to the health and safety of children. Click here to search.