Find Child Care in B.C.
Use the Child Care Map to search licensed providers in your community, check to see if your provider participates in the fee reduction initiative, and access additional early years supports.
Child Care Map
Find licensed child care facilities in your community.
- Distance from your home address
- Program type (under 36 months to age 12)
- Hours of operation (weekday, weekend, overnight, early morning, late night)
- Services offered (meals, additional languages, special needs, Indigenous programming)
Fee Reduction Initiative
The Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative lowers the cost of child care for families. Parents do not need to apply. Full-time care fee reduction:
- up to $350/month for group infant/toddler care
- up to $200/month for family infant/toddler care
- up to $100/month for group care for children aged 3 to Kindergarten
- up to $60/month for family care for children aged 3 to Kindergarten
Part-time care receives a pro-rated amount.
Inclusive Child Care
Services are available to children with extra support needs to allow them to participate in fully inclusive child care settings.
Early Childhood Development
Early years programs include a range of early childhood development and family support services which help to promote the healthy growth and development of young children (0-6 years).
Why are some facilities not on the child care map?
If you did not find the child care facility you were looking for it may be because the facility:
- does not receive the Child Care Operating Funding through MCFD. Check health authority inspection websites for more licensed child care facilities;
- is a Universal Child Care Prototype Site;
- may not be required to be licensed (only 1 or 2 children receiving care - i.e. Registered Licence-Not-Required with the CCRR);
- may be operating as an exempted program: see Child Care Licensing Regulation Section 3 (i.e school age summer/day camp, Strong Start ), or
- may be operating in contravention of the Community Care and Assisted Living Act because they are operating without a licence, when one is required. These services are not regulated or monitored and may pose a risk to the health and safety of children. Click here to search.