Every observation is important – any information about herpetofauna (frogs, toads, salamanders, snakes, lizards and turtles) helps us to identify:
- Declining trends or loss of species
- Areas of high conservation concern
- Conservation measures that need to be taken
Identifying Amphibians, Reptiles & Turtles
Be careful not to disturb any amphibians, reptiles or turtles that you find. Try to identify them using one of these resources:
- Amphibian identification field guides
- General information about amphibians in B.C.
- Frog and toad identification key
Become a Frogwatcher
Whether you have scientific training or not, help gather and share scientific data about amphibians in B.C.
Search for Frog & Toad Data
Maps: Lookup maps that contain observation data for amphibians and reptiles in B.C.