Incremental internal rate of return (Inc-IRR)
To be eligible for FFT (Forests for Tomorrow) funding the prescribed regime of treatments must meet the FFT Incremental internal rate of return (Inc-IRR) criteria. A 2% Inc-IRR is employed to balance the economic return of reforestation investments with future timber supply and other resource values and objectives.
Variation to levels between 0 and 2% will be utilized when benefits to timber supply or other resource values reflect a higher social priority
- Determining Return on Investment for Forests for Tomorrow (PDF)
- Fertilization Investment Analysis (PDF)
- ROI Field Cards - version 4.1 (PDF)
FFT Inc-IRR (ROI) Calculations using TIPSY and FAN$IER software
TIPSY is a ministry growth and yield tool used extensively in BC. It includes FAN$IER, a silviculture investment analysis package incorporating special features supporting FFT inc-IRR calculations.
- Download TIPSY 4.4 (FAN$IER included)
- Using TIPSY 4.3 and FAN$IER in FFT ROI Calculations (PDF) includes a Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Companion Tutorial Video
- Demo files used in the video tutorial
- TIPSY Website
- TIPSY 4.2 Introduction Tutorial Video (4.4 navigation is similar)