Apply for reconsideration
If you don't agree with a decision made under the Temporary Foreign Worker Protection Act, you can submit a formal request for reconsideration. You must submit the request within 30 days after the decision was served.
A decision is issued when we:
- Amend, suspend, cancel or refuse to issue a licence or certificate of registration
- Specify terms and conditions in a licence or certificate of registration
If you need to fix a mistake or update the information on your licence or certificate of registration, you don't need to apply for reconsideration. Send an email to BCTFW.ProtectionUnit@gov.bc.ca instead.
Submit a request for reconsideration
Requests must be in writing. Submit a request for reconsideration online. If you submit online, you can also attach documents that support your request.
When you submit a request for reconsideration, you need to tell us:
- The application number that you want us to reconsider
- What decision we should reconsider
- Why we should reconsider it
- What outcome you want
- Who we should send our written response to
You can find the application number at the bottom of any correspondence you receive about our decision.
You can submit a request yourself or have someone you know act as your representative. The request must be signed by you or your representative.
Decisions remain in effect. Even if you submit a request for reconsideration, the original decision remains in effect while it's being reconsidered.
Submit your request before the deadline. You need to submit a request for reconsideration within 30 days of the decision being served. If you're unable to submit your request for reconsideration on time, you'll need to tell us why. The deadline is only extended if an injustice would result.
What happens next?
After we review your request, you'll receive a written response that includes our reasons for the decision.
If we confirm the original decision, this means it remains in effect.
If we vary the original decision, this means we'll re-issue the licence or certificate of registration as appropriate.
If we rescind the original decision, this means if the original decision was to:
- Refuse to issue a licence or certificate of registration, we'll issue the licence or certificate of registration as soon as practical
- Suspend or cancel a licence or certificate of registration, we'll re-issue or re-instate the licence or certificate of registration
- Impose a condition or amend your licence or certificate of registration, we'll issue the licence or certificate of registration without the condition or amendment
Contact the Temporary Foreign Worker Protection Unit
Ask a question or get confidential support about temporary foreign workers in B.C.
By phone or text
Get help in the language of your choice. Service is available Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 5 pm Pacific Time.
Outside of Canada or the U.S.A.: 1-604-660-2421
Text us to get a quick answer about temporary foreign workers in B.C.
Do not provide personal information like your birth date. Standard message and data rates may apply.