Pill press waiver holder
The Waiver Holder owner category is available to a business that wishes to own, use, or possess Controlled Equipment but does not fall under the criteria for the Authorized Owner or Registered Seller owner categories. A Waiver holder is a term used to describe a business that has applied to the Registrar and was granted a Waiver under the Act.
Businesses in need to have a Waiver must apply by April 1, 2019 to be able to own, use, or possess Controlled Equipment.
Applicants needing a Waiver under the Act need to apply to the Registrar through the Pill Press Online Registry following these five steps:
- Authentication: Use Business BCeID to log in.
- Client Dashboard: From the Dashboard, you may apply for a Waiver or an Equipment Notification (link enabled once your Waiver is granted). The status of the application is tracked on the dashboard.
- Business Profile Review: A first-time visitor will be invited to fill out business profile information, such as addresses and contact information. The business profile should be periodically updated as business information changes.
- Waiver Application: The application for a Waiver requires the following information:
- Currently own, use or possess (or intend to own) Controlled Equipment either for sole use or to provide manufacturing services to others.
- Purpose of Controlled Equipment including producing a product, borrowing, renting or leasing, or selling.
- A description of the product (s) and its intended use.
- A descriptive explanation of the focus of the business and why it requires Controlled Equipment.
- A descriptive explanation of the process used to produce the previously noted products with emphasis on how Controlled Equipment is used throughout the manufacturing process.
- (Optional) Supporting documents to validate the need to own, use of possess the Controlled Equipment.
- Application Submission: Review and confirm that all the information provided is complete and accurate.
Businesses are advised to submit complete applications. Submitting an application which does not include required information or documentation may cause delays in the application process.
The Registrar will evaluate the Waiver application for suitability.
The status of the Waiver application can be tracked at any time on the client’s Dashboard on the Pill Press Online Registry. When approval is granted by the Registrar, the Waiver applicant will receive an email notice and have the option to print their waiver certificate from their Dashboard. The waiver certificate will show a unique system-generated application number for the business.
Equipment Notification. Upon the business coming into possession of any Controlled Equipment, they must notify the Registrar within 10 days, by following the Equipment Notification Process.
Waiver Holders have an ongoing obligation to notify the Registrar of certain changes that affect their business, such as:
The intended production of new products utilizing Controlled Equipment not already authorized on the Waiver Certificate must be reported to the Registrar.
Waiver Holders are responsible to notify the Registrar of any piece of Controlled Equipment they own, use or possess by adding them to the Waiver Holder’s inventory in the Pill Press Online Registry. Waiver Holders can see their inventory of Controlled Equipment on their client Dashboard.
When Waiver Holders acquire a piece of Controlled Equipment, they must report the transaction to the Registrar through the Pill Press Online Registry within 10 days and provide the following information:
- The date on which the Waiver Holder acquired the Controlled Equipment.
- A description of the Controlled Equipment including make, model, serial number and/or equipment registry number.
- Whether the Controlled Equipment was acquired from a BC Registered Seller, along with the seller’s registration number; or, if not acquired from a BC Registered Seller, i.e. the equipment was purchased from outside of BC, the seller’s legal name and civic address.
- The civic address where the acquired Controlled Equipment will ordinarily be stored.
- Method of payment used.
If the seller is in BC, the Registrar will await Equipment Notification from the Registered Seller before transferring the piece of Controlled Equipment from the seller’s inventory to the Waiver Holder’s inventory on the Pill Press Registry.
Waiver Holders have an ongoing obligation to notify the Registrar about the following changes to their Controlled Equipment:
Waiver Holders who wish to sell their Controlled Equipment must apply for a Registered Seller registration. If a business acts as a broker or supplier of alternative ownership arrangements (i.e. renting, leasing, lending) for Controlled Equipment, these are considered controlled activities. Please refer to the Registered Seller page for more information.
Any change to the location where a piece of Controlled Equipment is ordinarily stored must be reported to the Registrar, and updated on the Waiver Holder’s equipment inventory on the Pill Press Registry.
Lost, Stolen, or Destroyed:
If a piece of Controlled Equipment is lost, stolen, or destroyed, it must be reported to the Registrar, and updated on the Waiver Holder’s equipment inventory on the Pill Press Online Registry.