The server that hosts many of our files is currently unavailable. Please email BC.Stats@gov.bc.ca with the name of the document you are searching for, and we will respond to your request as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience.
An organization depends on its employees. BC Stats conducts ongoing research to make sure the BC Public Service has the information it needs to attract, develop and retain a diverse and talented workforce committed to serving the province of British Columbia.
Workforce Profile (Employment Equity)
Employment equity in the BC Public Service means eliminating barriers to employment and creating a workplace where current and prospective employees receive equitable treatment in hiring, training and promotion.
Information to assess employment equity practices is gathered through BC Stats' surveys and the resulting statistics are used to produce the workforce profile.
Note: Starting in 2018, an online dashboard has replaced PDF reports. Please use Google Chrome or Firefox to view the latest results.
- View Workforce Profile of the BC Public Service 2018
- View Workforce Profile of the BC Public Service 2015 (PDF)
- View Workforce Profile of the BC Public Service for 2013 (PDF)
- View Workforce Profile of the BC Public Service for 2011 (PDF)
- Access your ministry’s results through a secure portal (requires authorization)
- Learn more about the workforce profile
Workforce projection data is used to develop ministry workforce plans to ensure future staffing will be sufficient to deliver quality services to British Columbians.
- Access your ministry results through a secure portal (requires authorization)
- Learn more about workforce projections
New Job Survey
The New Job Survey results are used to understand what attracts people to join the BC Public Service as well as why employees change jobs.
Work Environment Survey (WES)
The Work Environment Survey (WES) measures the health of the work environments within the BC Public Service as well as other public sector organizations through a confidential survey distributed to all employees.
- Access your ministry's results through a secure portal (requires authorization)
- Learn more about the WES
The Exit Survey tracks the reasons why an employee leaves their employment and this feedback is used to develop future strategies for employee engagement and retention.