Technician Entry Level Program
Are you a recent university or college graduate interested in building your career? The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure is seeking recent graduates to join us in a variety of positions across British Columbia in our Technician Entry Level Program (TELP). As a TELP, you'll have a permanent job with the ministry at the location you’re hired. Your starting salary will be in the Grid 14/15 level, and once you complete your position’s training plan, which typically takes two years, you'll graduate into a permanent Grid 18 position.
By joining our ministry, you'll be given the chance to build on your strong educational foundation with first-hand work experience. Full-time, permanent employment with us includes a comprehensive training plan designed specifically for each position. As a TELP, you'll be assigned a supervisor and mentor who will share their lifetime of work experience. You'll have access to multiple training and development opportunities and a wide variety of more traditional benefits, such as a minimum of three weeks annual vacation to start, paid overtime, eligibility for the Pacific Leaders Loan Forgiveness program for B.C. student loans, a comprehensive medical/dental program, flexible work arrangements, relocation expenses and more.
Visit the ministry blog to learn more about recruitment and the many locations around the province where you could start your career.
What We Do
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure delivers a wide range of transportation services to the citizens of British Columbia. We're looking for creative and innovative individuals who enjoy working in teams on unique and challenging projects.
Who We Are
Hear from the recruiting team and other young professionals who began their career in the TELP program and learn more about the positions we're recruiting for across the province.
- Successful TELP & EIT Applicants
- TranBC TELP Blogs
- Ministry of TranBC YouTube TELP/EIT Recruitment Playlist
- Rajeeta Bains, District Technician (PDF, 864KB)
- Katie Ward, Area Manager - Roads (PDF, 565KB)
- Josh Rossiter, Senior Project Manager Analyst (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Florian Kund, Area Manager - Roads (PDF, 673KB)
We're Currently Hiring
We're hiring these positions under the Technician Entry Level Program (TELP).
- Field Services Aide (Grading/Paving)
- District Operations Technician
- Project Management Technician
- Assistant Development Technician
- Assistant Bridge Inspection Technician
- Assistant Bridge Construction Technician
- Assistant Environmental Electronics Technician
- Project Administrator
- Financial Analyst
- Properties Analyst
- Assistant Traffic Technician
- Geographic Information System Technician
- Client Support Analyst
- Assistant Communications Technologist
- Assistant Geomatics Survey Technician
- Assistant Electrical Technician
Potential locations for these positions are:
- Fort St. John
- Prince George
- Williams Lake
Working for Us
We estimate that over one third of our technicians and almost half of our managers could retire in the next five years. Our Ministry is known for the excellent quality of our people who have a can-do attitude and produce fantastic results. By hiring passionate and enthusiastic recent graduates into TELP positions, we're making sure we continue the tradition of excellence for which the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure is known.
The next TELP posting will be open for applications in January 2020.