How to Apply
It All Starts Here
Now is the right time to join an organization that can offer you a truly meaningful career. Apply today and put your ideas to work at the BC Public Service.
Start at Our BC Public Service Job Postings
All job openings are listed on our Hiring Centre, including temporary and part-time positions. (For student co-op positions, apply through your educational institution. Positions are usually posted at the beginning of each year.)
- Visit the Hiring Centre and create a profile for yourself; include your employment history, skills and qualifications
- Attach samples of past work or other supporting documents
- Search the available job postings for an opportunity that suits your interests
- Update your resume so that it highlights the qualifications required by the job you're applying for
- Click the link in the posting to upload your application
- Track the progress of your application online or set your profile to notify you automatically when a particular position becomes available
Read more about our hiring process and what to expect after you submit your application.
Submitting Your Best Application
When preparing your resume and cover letter, show us how you have demonstrated the qualities and competencies we seek in a finance professional. Each posting will list specific requirements for experience, certification and competencies, so take time to highlight those qualifications in your application. Make sure you also outline the competencies and qualities that you have which we seek in all of our finance employees.
Our three core competencies:
- Professional judgment
- Planning, organizing and coordinating
- Interpersonal communication
Our six core values:
We also look for qualities such as
- An understanding of accounts, financial systems and policies
- Experience with data and computer applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills