Last updated: May 8, 2019
Salary increments are scheduled pay increases for positions that have step-based salary ranges. Look up the salary increments for your classification with the Salary Look-up Tool.
Schedule for moving to the next increment
Full-time regular employees:
- Nurses – should receive increments every 12 months from the date of appointment, promotion or reclassification to current position.
- All others (except legal counsel) – every 12 months from the date of appointment, promotion or reclassification to current position
Part-time regular and auxiliary employees:
- Nurses – every 1,743 hours worked* (not including overtime or statutory holidays)
- PEA – every 1,743 hours worked* (not including overtime or statutory holidays)
- All others – every 1,827 hours worked*
*To qualify for this total, hours must be paid at straight time, at the same classification level and with no loss of seniority.
*Salary increments are effective the first day of the pay period following the date the hours are reached. If the increase is granted in the middle of a pay period, it will apply to the next pay period.