Salary increments are scheduled pay increases for positions that have step-based salary ranges. Look up the salary increments for your classification with the Salary Look-up Tool.
Schedule for Moving to the Next Increment
Full-time regular employees:
- Nurses - every 18 months from the date of appointment, promotion or reclassification to current position
- All others (except legal counsel) - every 12 months from the date of appointment, promotion or reclassification to current position
Part-time regular and auxiliary employees:
- Nurses - every 2,625 hours worked* (not including overtime or statutory holidays)
- PEA - every 1,750 hours worked* (not including overtime or statutory holidays)
- All others - every 1,827 hours worked*
*In order to qualify towards this total, hours must be paid at straight time, at the same classification level and with no loss of seniority.
*Salary increments are effective the beginning of the pay period following the date the hours are reached. This means that if the increase is granted in the middle of a pay period, it will begin to apply to the next pay period.