Change Your Personal Information
If you’ve changed your name, you need to update your employee records.
To update your records, attach the required records through an AskMyHR service request.
Time & Leave/PeopleSoft/Payroll
Submit a copy of the applicable document:
- Marriage Certificate
- Legal Change of Name Certificate
- SIN Card or Confirmation of SIN Letter
- Divorce Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Canadian Citizenship Certificate
- Indian Status Certificate
- Permanent Resident Card (PR Card)
- Work Permit or Study Permit
Group Life Beneficiary
- Submit a Group Life Beneficiary Designation (PDF, 202KB).
- It's important to mail the original form directly to the Benefits Service Centre as it's a legal document. The address for the Service Centre is on the Beneficiary Designation Form. Your beneficiary designation won't be updated unless the original form is received by the Benefits Service Centre.
Medical Service Plan/Care Card
- To update your B.C. medical coverage, submit a Medical Services Plan Group Change Request (PDF, 591KB).
Extended Health & Dental (Included/Bargaining Unit Employees)
- Included employees submit an AskMyHR service request to change your name in PeopleSoft. It will be automatically updated with Great-West Life at the same time.
Extended Health & Dental (Excluded Employees)
- Excluded employees submit an AskMyHR request to change your name in PeopleSoft. It will be automatically updated with Great-West Life at the same time.
BC Pension Corporation
- Contact the Public Service Pension Plan.
Global Address List (GAL)
- Change your information in the GAL through Shared Services
IDIR, Government Directory & Other Interdepartment Computer Applications
- Notify your supervisor (an iStore request is required to update your IDIR).
Change of Address
- Update your information in:
- Submit an AskMyHR request to update your address with MSP
If participating in the Deferred Salary Leave Program, contact Group Retirement Services at Great-West Life at 1 800 724-3402 and quote plan 62459
- Contact the Public Service Pension Plan
- Contact your union or association