How to donate

Last updated: August 1, 2023

On this page

When can you donate?

Employees, including retirees, can donate anytime. However, the majority of employees sign up to support their favourite charities during the annual fall Provincial Employees Community Services Fund (PECSF) awareness campaign.

Registering during the fall campaign and pledge drive ensures payroll deductions are set up for the next calendar year.

Payroll deductions begin with the first pay in January.

Wouldn’t it be nice to wake up on New Year’s Day knowing that you’ve already done something amazing for your community? 

For updates or donations outside of the annual campaign, please contact the PECSF office.

The PECSF (community fund) office is open year-round to assist employees with their donations.

Automatic payroll deductions

Current employees can choose biweekly deductions in any amount or a one-time payroll deduction.

The PECSF pledge system (donate to the community fund) is accessible through Employee Self Service.

For more information, please review How to Donate Online (PDF, 1MB).

Paper pledge forms are available for employees who are unable to access Employee Self Service.

One-time cash/cheque contributions

Make a one-time cash/cheque contribution if you do not wish to use the payroll deduction plan.

Retired employees or employees leaving the BC Public Service can also contribute by cash/cheque. Contact PECSF and discuss options for donating if you're on long-term disability or unpaid leave, including maternity and educational leave.

Make your cheque payable to 'Provincial Employees Community Services Fund' and complete a pledge form.

Paper pledge forms are available for employees who are not able to donate using Employee Self Service.

Post-dated cheques are not accepted.

Change your contributions

The existing PECSF pledge system does not have the capability to recognize changes made in Employee Self Service outside of the active campaign period (September to December).

Please contact PECSF directly if you wish to make any adjustments to your current charity choices.

To make adjustments to your current payroll contributions, please submit an AskMyHR (IDIR restricted) service request.

There's no commitment of donations to continue beyond the period of your employment.

Please contact your payroll office directly if you're an employee of:

  • BC Securities Commission
  • Legislative Assembly
  • Liquor Distribution Branch

Charitable donation receipts

Supporting your favourite charity through PECSF makes preparing for tax season easy.

All charitable contributions made through payroll deductions will be automatically printed on your T4 slip.

Donors who choose to give a one-time donation by cash/cheque of $20 or more prior to December 31 will be issued a charitable donation receipt in February by the PECSF financial management office.

All charitable donation receipts (T4s) apply to the year in which the funds are received by PECSF.