Out of Province Commercial Transport

Commercial drivers transporting loads across B.C. borders need to take into account intra-provincial and cross-border issues, procedures, laws, regulations and required permits.

If you are operating a commercial transport vehicle across provincial borders the following material may help you be compliant with local laws and regulations.

The following chapters from the B.C. Commercial Transport Procedures Manual contain information that should be reviewed by operators from outside of the province, wanting to operate within B.C.

Out of Province Permits

Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba Companies must register with New West Partnership Trade Agreement (NWPTA) before applying for a Business BCEID to apply for B.C. Provincial Permits

If you are operating across provincial lines in western Canada, the following may help you find the information you need from provincial governments:

Routes and Driving Conditions