TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
Help us focus on what matters most to you.
What's great and where can we improve?
The National Safety Code Standard 10 outlines specific requirements for securing loads to commercial vehicles to ensure they do not shift, move or spill onto the roadway.
Drivers and carriers need to ensure that cargo is transported safely and secured in accordance with National Safety Code standards.
- A carrier shall not permit a driver to operate a vehicle where the cargo transported in or on the vehicle is not contained, immobilized or secured in accordance with this standard.
- A driver shall not operate a vehicle where the cargo transported in or on the vehicle is not contained, immobilized or secured in accordance with this standard.
Cargo Securement Standard
- National Safety Code Standard 10 - Cargo Securement
- Guidance and Interpretations - General (CCMTA PDF, 1MB, May 2016)
- Securement of Dressed Lumber and Similar Building Materials on Flatbed Trucks and Trailers (CCMTA PDF 1MB, February 2011)
- Load Security Research Reports (CCMTA)
A series of research reports on specific aspects of load security
- Motor Vehicle Act Regulations