Get on Board! - Kids 12 and Under Ride for Free
The Get on Board program allows children aged 12 and under to ride all BC Transit and TransLink transit services free of charge. Learn how to access the program in your community.
Guidelines for communities serviced by BC Transit.
Buses and handyDART
- Children aged six to 12 will be able to ride buses and handyDART for free, without requiring a fare product or identification.
- BC Transit is requiring children aged five and under to be accompanied by a person 12 years or older.
Visit BCTransit's Kids Ride Free site!
Guidelines for Metro Vancouver area serviced by TransLink.
SkyTrain, SeaBus and West Coast Express
- For TransLink gated services such as Skytrain, SeaBus, and the West Coast Express, accompaniment by a fare paying customer, is required to tap children through fare gates, up to a maximum of four children.
- Children 12 and under travelling alone may still access the gated systems by themselves; however, they must purchase a fare to move through the gates.
- Children aged 12 and under can ride buses free of charge anywhere in the TransLink service area without requiring a transit pass, identification or an accompanying fare paying customer.
- Children 12 and under who are registered HandyDART customers or children who are accompanying a registered HandyDART customer will be able to travel for free on HandyDART without requiring a fare product or identification.
- Similar to today, children on HandyDART must be accompanied by an adult.
Visit TransLink's Kids Ride Free site!