Transportation Support/BC Bus Pass for people receiving disability assistance

Beginning January 1, 2018, people receiving disability assistance, with the Person’s with Disabilities (PWD) designation, will get an extra $52 each month for a new transportation supplement.

The new supplement can be used for an annual bus pass or other transportation needs.

For more information, please refer to the factsheet (PDF) or news release.

About the BC Bus Pass

The BC Bus Pass is a Compass Card. It is valid for travel anywhere within the TransLink and BC Transit service areas. It cannot be used on HandyDart.

To Apply for a BC Bus Pass

If you have the persons with disabilities designation and are on disability assistance, you can contact the ministry to apply for your BC Bus Pass. You can also apply for the BC Bus Pass or cancel your active BC Bus Pass using your My Self Serve account. 

The BC Bus Pass does not expire. At any time, you can contact the ministry to cancel your BC Bus Pass and receive your $52 on your next assistance payment instead.

If you cancel your bus pass, you can still change your mind at a later date and ask for a new bus pass. 

Contact the ministry about the BC Bus Pass program:

By phone: 1 866 866-0800
By email:  
In person: Find your local office