Highway Use Permit - Works

Contractors, developers, landowners, local governments and utility companies must apply for a highway works permit to construct, relocate, replace, repair and maintain works on provincial highways, right-of-ways or on highway bridges or structures.

Types of Works

Highway use permits authorize works within the highway right-of-way.

For works not listed, please contact us.

Controlled Access Highways

The requirements for permitting works along a controlled access highway are more stringent. Permit approval may involve local governments, utility companies and other authorizing ministries.


Use the checklist to prepare your highway use permit application package. Complete and submit the checklist with your application:

Applications are processed more quickly if they are complete and accurate. 

Highway use permits are processed and tracked through eDas, the online application and approval system.

Apply Online: Highway Use Permit

You can also submit a paper application:

Collection of Personal Information

Personal information is collected by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for the purpose of processing applications submitted through the electronic Development Approvals System (eDAS). If you have any questions about the collection, use and disclosure of this information, please contact:

Manager, Development Services
Suite 4D - 940 Blanshard Street
778 974-2634