Road construction can create frustrating travel delays. Unfortunately, many road works can only be done during periods of guaranteed good weather. That means summer is road construction season.
- Find out about current highway construction projects.
- Monitor local media or visit DriveBC for traffic delay information.
- Traffic control people (flag persons) working at construction sites are there to make certain everyone gets by safely. It can be a dangerous job, so please respect the cone zone.
- Slow down, move over for roadside workers. Failing to adjust your speed or failing to move over can result in a $173 ticket and three penalty points.
- Learn about the seal coating process and why we use it on B.C. highways (PDF)