Recreational and tourism cycling
British Columbia has a wide variety of terrain, roads and backcountry to explore by bike. Visitors and residents can enjoy a quick ride or multi-day adventures.
Recreation and outdoor activities
B.C. is a great place to play. British Columbians are active and take full advantage of our great outdoors.
Get involved in the full range of sports and recreational activities that B.C. has to offer.
- Find world-class cycling and mountain biking destinations in B.C.
- Learn about recreation and B.C.'s outdoors
- Plan your B.C. vacation
Plan your cycling trip
Whenever cycling be prepared for changing weather, road and track conditions and geography.
- For safety reasons cyclists are not allowed to travel on some highways and bridges
Review this information before using Plan Your Route, which does not show cycling restrictions.
- Use Plan Your Route to get information about weather and rest areas on B.C. highways
- Contact your local government for cycling maps in your area
- View elevations of major summits and passes on B.C. highways
We've partnered with the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen to pilot project signage to make it easier to find the right trail or route for your cycling adventure.
Whether you're on a leisurely day ride through wine country, or a challenging multi-day ride of several hundred kilometres, look for signs like this on popular cycling routes in the South Okanagan and Lower Similkameen Valley.