PST webinars and seminars
The Ministry of Finance offers outreach services to help you understand the provincial sales tax (PST) and your obligations when you buy, sell or lease taxable goods and services.
We offer tax education to businesses, industry associations and professional associations through general and industry specific webinars and seminars.
PST webinar series
PST Fundamentals – This webinar covers:
- Who needs to register as a PST collector
- How to register
- How to a file and remit PST
- Small seller criteria
- How to self-assess PST
Real Property Contractors – This webinar is designed specifically for those in the real property contractor industry, such as builders, carpenters, electricians, plumbers, and drywall installers.
This webinar covers:
- Defining who is considered a contractor
- Examples of applying PST
- Exemptions specific to contractors
- Resources for further information
Before registering for the Real Property Contractors webinar, we recommend you have a good working knowledge of PST. You may want to register for our PST Fundamentals webinar first.
Registration for our webinars is through Zoho using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers only.
- Read the disclosure statement below
- Click on the desired session date (must register using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser)
- Fill out the registration form
The Ministry of Finance uses Zoho to manage registration for webinars. Your personal information is collected for the purposes of managing webinar registration. The ministry is collecting your personal information via Zoho under section 26 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Webinar registration using Zoho is voluntary. Be aware that IP addresses, webinar responses, name and email address will be collected by Zoho, and this information will be stored and may be accessed outside of Canada. By clicking on the register button, you are consenting to your personal information being disclosed and/or potentially accessed outside of Canada. Your consent is effective as soon as you register.
If you have any questions about consent, or the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact Outreach, PO Box 9432 Stn Prov Govt Victoria BC V8W 9M9, BCTaxOutreach@gov.bc.ca
- PST Fundamentals: Wednesday July 28, 2021: 2:00pm–3:00pm
- PST Fundamentals: Wednesday September 29, 2021: 9:00am–10:00am
- Real Property Contractors: Wednesday October 27, 2021: 9:00am–10:15am
- PST Fundamentals: Wednesday November 24, 2021: 2:00pm–3:00pm
Request an event
If you represent a Chamber of Commerce, an association or similar organization and are interested in a dedicated webinar or seminar for your members, email us at BCTaxOutreach@gov.bc.ca