Pay your property transfer tax notice of assessment

If you have an outstanding balance or receive a Notice of Assessment, you can pay:

If you don’t pay your balance within 30 days of the date of the Notice of Assessment, we’ll charge interest from the date of the assessment. Interest will continue to accumulate and compound monthly on the overdue balance until your account is paid in full.  

However, as part of the B.C. COVID-19 Action Plan, interest will not be charged from March 24 – September 30, 2020 on any outstanding balances. Interest will be charged again effective October 1, 2020. You are still responsible for paying amounts owed.

If you don’t pay your balance, collection actions may include:

  • Tax collectors contacting you to warn of pending collection action and set up a collection plan
  • Notifying the Canada Revenue Agency to set aside money owing to you
  • Registering a lien against your property or personal belongings
  • Requiring your employer to deduct money from your pay cheque
  • Issuing a demand notice to your bank, credit union or trust company to pay money from your account
  • Seizing your personal belongings

Bank or financial institution

Most banks and financial institutions offer bill payment services for their clients. Bill payment services can generally be accessed through:

  • Your online banking account
  • An automated teller machine (ATM)
  • Telephone banking
  • In person with a teller at the financial institution that you bank with

To pay your assessment using a bill payment service, you'll need to add a payee by using the following information:

  • Payee name: BC – Stmt of Acct
  • Your account number shown on the front of the statement


To pay by mail, you must send a cheque, bank draft or money order made payable to the Minister of Finance.

Your payment and your original Notice of Assessment, Statement of Account or a copy of the legal notice must be sent to:

Mailing Address
Property Transfer Tax

Government office

To pay at a government office, bring your Notice of Assessment, Statement of Account or legal notice.

You can make your payment at one of the following locations:

  • In-person - Service BC Centre
    Payments by cash, debit, cheque, bank draft or money order made payable to the Minister of Finance are accepted.

  • Drop box only - 1802 Douglas Street in Victoria
    Drop off your envelope with payment by cheque, bank draft or money order made payable to the Minister of Finance. Do not drop off cash.