Manage your mineral land tax account
You can manage your mineral land tax account by:
- Making a payment on your account
- Updating your mailing address
- Notifying us of ownership changes to your mineral rights (including transfers)
- Notifying us of changes in land use
- Notifying us of changes in land size
Include your account number (e.g. MLT-XXXX-XXXX) on all documents you send to us. You can find your account number on your Notice of Assessment and other letters you’ve received from us.
If you want to make a mineral land tax payment, we accept payments by cheque, bank draft or money order. You can pay the following ways:
- Online using eTaxBC
- By mail or courier
- Through your bank or financial institution
- At a government office
If your mailing address has changed, notify us of your new address by:
- Completing the change of address section on the Account Remittance Advice attached to your Notice of Assessment and returning it to our office by mail or courier
- Dropping off your change of address at a government office
- Emailing us at MOG.Mineral.Land.Tax@gov.bc.ca
If you make any changes to the ownership of your mineral rights, such as transfers, register them at the appropriate Land Title and Survey Authority (LTSA) office.
Once the change is registered with LTSA, provide us with the change of ownership/transfer details and a copy of your registered documents from LTSA within 60 days. You can notify us by:
- Sending us your details and supporting documents by mail or courier
- Dropping off your details and supporting documents at a government office
- Emailing us at MOG.Mineral.Land.Tax@gov.bc.ca. Scan and attach your supporting documents from LTSA.
You must notify us within 60 days with details of the change if:
- You receive an exemption from mineral land tax and you change how you use your land
- Minerals are being produced from land that was previously not a production area
If the size of your land changes, for instance if you subdivide, how mineral land tax applies to your land could change or the amount of tax you owe could change. Notify us within 60 days if the size of your land changes. Include a description of the change and copies of your registered documents from LTSA.