Trapping reporting requirements
Licensed trappers in B.C. are required to submit information on their fur bearing animal trapping harvest for each trapping year, by July 31 following the previous trapping year.
Reporting requirements start for the 2021-2022 trapping year (July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022). Reports are not due until July 31, 2022.
Trappers must report regardless of the success of their trapping year (e.g. even if their harvest is "0").
What is included in the Trapping Harvest Report
- Whether a trapper harvested during the licence year
- For each animal killed:
- Trapline Number or indication that harvest was on private property
- Management Unit where the harvest occurred
- Month when the harvest occurred
- Park Name if harvest occurred in a park
- Park Use Permit number if harvest occurred in a park
How to submit a Trapping Harvest Report
All licensed trappers in B.C. require a Fish and Wildlife ID (FWID) for trapping licence transactions and to submit a trapping harvest report. To obtain a FWID please contact FrontCounter BC or apply online through BC Hunting Online.
Trapping reports may be submitted:
- Online through BC Hunting Online.
- For step-by-step instructions on submitting trapping reports, visit Quick Reference Guides
- By submitting a completed trapping harvest report form to a FrontCounter BC office.
A trapper can submit multiple reports throughout the year or one report at the end of the licence year.
If you need assistance please contact FrontCounter BC at 1-877-855-3222
What happens if I don't report?
If a report is not submitted the licensed trapper will be unable to apply for or obtain a licence, permit or limited entry hunting authorization.
Trappers may also be charged with an offence if a trapping report has not been received by July 31st following the previous trapping licence year.