The Government of British Columbia supports sport, arts and culture events through various programs.
- Hosting BC – sport event grants (administered by viaSport) support Canadian championships, world cups and Olympic/Paralympic Games qualifying tournaments ranging from an international wheelchair curling bonspiel in Richmond to a national college soccer championship in Kamloops. Eligible applicants are invited to apply for Hosting BC funding of up to $35,000 depending on the type of event.
- Major Sport Event Hosting - an application-based program with up to $500,000 annually with grants from $25,000 to $150,000.
- Provincial multi-sport games – BC Summer Games, BC Winter Games and 55+ BC Games. Successful bids receive hosting grants from the B.C. government. Visit BC Games Society or BC Seniors Games Society (55+ BC Games) for information on the bid process.
- Marquee events – for formal requests of $250,000 or more for multi-sport or high-profile international events such as FIFA Women's World Cup or major multi-sport events like North American Indigenous Games. For inquiries or to submit a funding request email: email@example.com (For information about Notification for Collection click here.)
Arts and Culture
- BC Arts Council – application-based programs which provide funding for professional and community arts festivals. Visit BC Arts Council.
- B.C. Community Gaming Grants – special events, such as annual festivals that provide a community benefit, may be eligible for funding. For more information visit Community Gaming Grants.
- Tourism Events Program – an application-based program open to all communities in B.C. Designed to support world-class events that can enhance the volume of visitors to British Columbia and increase global recognition for the province. For more information, visit: Tourism Events Program
- Municipal and Regional District Tax Program – funds collected through this program are disbursed back to communities to fund local tourism marketing, programs and projects. Municipalities, regional districts or eligible entities, with support of local stakeholders, may apply. For more information, visit: Municipal and Regional District Tax Program
- Multicultural Festivals – folk, cultural and ethno-specific festivals or projects that have an educational focus or engage broad and diverse audiences may be eligible for Ministry of International Trade and Responsible for Asia Pacific Strategy and Multiculturalism's Multiculturalism Grants (administered through Community Gaming Grants).