British Columbia welcomes people and businesses working in the creative sector.
There are four industries in B.C.’s creative sector:
- Music and sound recording
- Book and magazine publishing
- Motion picture, such as film and television
- Interactive and digital media, such as videogames
B.C. has a skilled workforce and world-class infrastructure. This helps the province attract global entertainment opportunities.
More than 58,000 people work in B.C.’s creative sector. In 2020 B.C.’s creative sector generated $4.4B in total GDP.
Did you know B.C. is the:
- Largest motion picture hub in Canada
- Second largest English-language book publishing market in Canada
- Third largest music centre in Canada
Read Creative BC’s latest Impact Report to learn more about the creative sector.