What can I do if the other parent is late or refuses to pay their spousal support?

If you have a written agreement or order about spousal support you can enrol it with the Family Maintenance Enforcement Program (FMEP).

The FMEP can enforce the agreement or order if necessary. This means they can help you get the spousal support if the other spouse is late in making payments or refuses to pay.

An agreement must first be filed with the court registry in order to be enrolled with FMEP.

For more information, please see Spousal support on the Legal Services Society's Family Law in BC website.