Foreign convictions of sex offences

Under Section 490.02911 of the Criminal Code, if you have been convicted of a sex offence outside of Canada you must notify Canadian police within 7 days of entering Canada. In British Columbia you can contact the BC Sex Offender Information Registration Centre and they will direct you to a registration centre.

If the offence is deemed equivalent to an offence under Section 490.011(1) (a) of the Criminal Code you may be served a Notice and Obligation to Comply with the Sex Offender Information Registration Act (Form 54).

Once you have been served the Notice, you must follow its obligations.