Seed Planning Zone maps and spatial data
No longer in use after August 1st, 2022 as Geographic Based Seed Transfer has been removed from the Chief Forester’s Standards for Seed Use
Seed Planning Zone maps
The Natural Stand Seed Planning Zones apply to all Class B (natural stand collection) seedlots.
- Natural Stand Map (JPG, 484KB)
- Natural Stand Map showing SPZ and Biogeoclimatic Zones 2004 (JPG, 1.4MB)
Species-specific Seed Planning zone maps
The Genetic Resource Management Seed Planning zones are species-specific and apply to all Class A (orchard) seedlots.
- Douglas Fir FD SPZ(JPG, 3MB)
- Hybrid Poplar AX SPz (JPG, 2.8MB)
- Hybrid Spruce SX SPZ (JPG, 3MB)
- Interior Lodgepole Pine PLI (JPG, 3.1MB)
- Western White Pine PW SPZ (JPG, 2.9MB)
- Sitka Spruce SS SPZ (JPG, 2.9MB)
- Western Hemlock HW SPZ (JPG, 2.9MB)
- Western Larch LW SPZ (JPG, 2.8MB)
- Western Redcedar CW SPZ (JPG, 2.9MB)
- Yellow Cypress YC SPZ (JPG, 2.8MB)
Seed Planning Zone spatial data (geometry files)
Download Seed Planning Zones at DataBC Geographic Services
Launch application, go to the Data Catalogue, search on "seed planning"