Background Information on the 2006 Softwood Lumber Agreement
On October 12, 2015, the Canada-U.S. Softwood Lumber Agreement that had been in place since October 2006 expired. Under the terms of the agreement, the U.S. agreed not to launch trade litigation against B.C. for one year.
The links below give further information on various topics related to the 2006 Softwood Lumber Agreement and expiry. Please check the federal government website for additional information.
Softwood Lumber Information
- Expiry of the Softwood Lumber Agreement 2006
- Key Elements of the 2006 Softwood Lumber Agreement
- Surge & Export Charge Rate Monitoring:
- Dispute Resolution
- Legal Documents
- Remanufacturer Re-Certification
- Region of Origin
- Federal Websites and Contact Information