Negotiations 2015 - 2017
Canada and the U.S. met several times in 2016, at both the political leadership level, and the negotiator level.
- November 3, 2017: Ambassador MacNaughton issued a letter to U.S. Representatives correcting the record
- October 13, 2017: B.C.'s Trade Envoy to the United States advocates for B.C. forestry jobs in Oregon
- March 8, 2017: Statement from Special Envoy David Emerson
- February 14, 2017: Premier Christy Clark names David Emerson B.C. Trade Envoy to the United States
- October 12, 2016: Statement from Canadian Trade Minister Chrystia Freeland and U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman
- June 29, 2016: Joint Statement Trudeau and Obama
- March 10, 2016: Prime Minister Trudeau and President Obama meet in Washington, DC
- The Leaders agreed that the United States Trade Representative and the Canadian Minister of International Trade will intensively explore all options and report back within 100 days on the key features that would address this issue.