Disputes under the 2006 Softwood Lumber Agreement are resolved through a dispute settlement process outlined in the Agreement, Article XIV. Arbitrations are handled by the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA).
Arbitration on B.C. Interior Timber Pricing:
- London Court of International Arbitration released ruling on July 18, 2012.
- On February 10, 2012 Canada filed its Rejoinder in response to the U.S. Reply.
- Canada Rejoinder - Public Version (PDF 3,449KB)
- On January 5, 2012 the United States filed its public Statement of Reply in the arbitration against B.C. forest policy.
- On November 16, 2011 Canada filed its public Statement of Defence in the arbitration against B.C. forest policy.
- Calendar of Timing of Proceedings
- On August 16, 2011 the United States filed its public Statement of Case in the arbitration against B.C. forest policy.
- On February 17, 2011 Canada formally responded to the United States request for arbitration.
- On January 18, 2011 the United States formally requested arbitration with Canada under the Softwood Lumber Agreement 2006 related to British Columbia's timber pricing policies.
- On October 8, 2010 the United States formally requested consultations with Canada related to British Columbia timber pricing.